Sunday, September 6, 2009

Girlified

Lately I find myself spending a little bit more time in front of the mirror. My makeup is actually being used (so much so that I may have to go to Bare Minerals soon for some more foundation!) and I've dug out my collection of high heeled shoes and started wearing them, even if I can't completely walk in them yet. (Heels and I have never gotten along!)

I just picked out my outfit for church tomorrow and I'm really excited about it. haha I have a jean skirt and a cute pink shirt picked out and two pairs of heels because I can't decide if black or brown heels would go better with the outfit. :-P

Anyway, enough about clothes and makeup. I baby-sat tonight and had a rough night with the youngest. I felt bad having to tell the parents how he acted and I almost made the mom cry as I was telling her about our struggles tonight. She kept apologizing and I told her not to apologize but I know her heart broke as I told her about our night because she says it's been more frequent lately.

After the kids went to bed I put my Netflix to good use and watched four and a half episodes of the show Jonas that's on the Disney channel. I was halfway through the fifth episode of season 1 when they got home so I'm about to finish watching it before I go to bed. I blame Vince for my new love of the Jonas Brothers.

Tomorrow evening Joe and I are headed down to the river for Riverfest and the WEBN fireworks, the traditional end of summer celebration here in Cincinnati. I haven't been since the first year I lived in Cincinnati...wait, no I went last summer with Megan and Brittany but we went to CCU so we weren't actually on the river. :-P It should be fun being back on the river for it though. It's the greatest fireworks show of the summer so I'm excited for it.

I also need to make Joe a cd before we go tomorrow. The last time he was home we got into a debate about our music tastes and I told him I was going to corrupt him to the dark side of country music so he asked for a cd with my favorite songs so I need to get on making that. He in return is making me a cd of dance/workout music because I was complaining that I needed new workout stuff so I'm excited to see what he comes up with. :-)

Alright, I'm off to finish Jonas and then head to bed. Night world!

No comments: