Thursday, September 3, 2009

Denver!

So...I haven't done an actual update since before my final. Let's see what's been going on.

Well, first of all school. I don't think I ever posted my midterm score. I bombed it. And by bombed I mean I got a D. That was a third of my grade so you can imagine my devestation over it. After that my studying kicked into overdrive and it must have paid off because I ended up getting a B in counseling theories and a 3.3 overall for the quarter!!! I was so proud of that grade, especially because my gpa has never been that high, not even during undergrad. It was in high school but college wasn't that great so I'm proud that my first quarter in a Master's program I got a 3.3!

There's been a lot of boy drama and if you're reading this on Bloop you know about it. Otherwise, I haven't been posting it. However, a lot of it has worked itself out thanks to my wonderful friend Tym and my wonderful small group leader Seth who listened to me and gave me some much needed Godly advice. I have such a feeling of peace about everything so it'll be okay. :-)

I didn't get the job at UC I interviewed for. My current job is working me full time through at least the beginning of November but I'm still job searching. I just applied at the preschool my best friend works at so I'm hoping they'll call me for an interview.

I'm getting a decent financial aid refund back for fall quarter so I think I'm going to take a portion of it and fly out to Denver for spring break to visit my cousin Terry Lee whom I haven't seen in years. I've never been to Denver and my mom was born and raised there before moving (she was a military brat as she puts it and moved around a lot growing up) so it would be cool to see where she comes from. Terry Lee moved out there a couple years ago for work so it'll be fun to go visit.

This weekend is going to be wonderful because it's a nice three day weekend. Tomorrow night I'm going back to my high school alma mater for a football game with Joe and his parents. Then Saturday I have to baby-sit. Sunday Joe and I are going down to the river for Riverfest and the fireworks so I'm excited for that. Then I plan on sleeping in on Monday. Woo!

Alright, I'm off. Have a great weekend!

No comments: