Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another goal crossed off

I hit a milestone today in my workout goals. Since I joined Fitworks a little over a year ago, I told myself I wanted to be able to take a spinning class, something I thought I would never, ever be able to do. I kept making the excuse of "I'll do it when I feel like I'm ready for it." I kept coming up with excuses until my membership rep told me she would take the class with me when I decided I was ready.

Well, since the district I'm interning for is on spring break this week and I had today off, I decided to take my first spinning class this morning. It was hands down, the best and hardest workout I have ever had! During the class I kept telling Melissa "Why did I agree to this again? Why was this my idea? I think I'm going to puke!" hahaha She graciously told me she would leave the class with me if I decided it was too much and I was like, "NO! We are finishing this class!" And we did! I didn't go that far to just back out and quit.

After the class was over I was so proud of myself. It gave me such a rush and I had so much energy to go through my day. Tonight, however, I am feeling it. I am so incredibly sore it's not even funny! I took some ibuprofen to help with the pain at the encouragement of my mom the nurse but that didn't even seem to help. I know it'll all work itself out though so I'm not too worried.

I don't hurt enough that it's going to stop me from going again. I'm going to try and make the Saturday morning class and start making that my regular weekend workout. It was such a great workout, despite the pain I'm feeling from it tonight.

I had so much more I wanted to write about my current thoughts on moving to Denver and the wonderful, encouraging talk I had with Tym about it but my brain has lost all of it's focus so that will have to wait for tomorrow. I need sleep!

1 comment:

The KS Perrys said...

Great job! Spinning is soooo hard! I've only gone about 3x at my gym and every time is a little easier...just a little. But it's so awesome!