Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring is here!

Spring has finally arrived in Ohio and I love it! The weather has been beyond beautiful since I got home from Denver and I love that my class can go outside at work. It makes the days much easier when they can get outside and run off their energy.

I started my internship this week and I love it so far! Next week is the district's spring break so I'm going to use those two days off from interning to finish my financial aid stuff for next year and do homework before class on those evenings. I'm also taking a spinning class on Tuesday morning which should be entertaining. :-P

So I suppose I should update about the rest of my Denver trip since the last time I wrote it was about the snow. I had such a great time. Jack took me exploring at Red Rock Amphitheater which was fun. It was absolutely beautiful. I should post pictures from my trip but if you're friends with me on facebook there's an album over there. On my last full day in town Jack and Terry Lee took me to Estes Park, where it was freezing and snowing but so so so beautiful! Again, pictures are on facebook. :-)

We also went to dinner and movie that night at this place called Cinebarre where they serve you dinner while you see a movie. We saw The Bounty Hunter, which I didn't think was that great. I think we all came to agreement that the best part of the movie was Gerard Butler in a towel with no shirt on. :-P

One night during my trip I ended up having a talk with Mike and Jack about my plans for after I get done with school. Mike asked me if I would ever consider moving to Denver. At first I told him he was crazy but then he really got me thinking. What started as a joke where we dubbed him my gay soulmate because he loves Delilah turned into long talks about me moving to Colorado. I found out (as most of you know from some protected posts on bloop) that all I have to do is sit for what Colorado calls the PLACE exam and then of course find a job.

Since I've gotten home, I've been giving this a lot and I mean, a lot of thought. I had never thought of moving anywhere other than Cincinnati before and now it's all I can think about. I think it will be good for me to spread my wings and fly and get out of my protective little Ohio bubble. I still have two years of school left so you never know what may happen but I'm open to the possibility. It helps that my mom and my best friends are supportive of my ideas.

I'm flying out to Denver again in September for a week before fall quarter starts. This time around I'm going to rent a car so I can go exploring on my own. I also have a list of apartments I'm going to look at, just to start keeping my options open. My mom knows about my plans and she's really supportive of it. I haven't told anyone else in my family yet because right now, there's no reason to tell anyone. Like I said, nothing is definite, just keeping my options open. Right now I'm just excited to see Denver during a warm month. :-)

Alright, I'm off to watch New Moon and look up some deals on flights and rental cars so I can get them booked now while it's cheaper. Sooo excited!!

No comments: