Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Snow...snow...snow

We got 16 inches of snow here in Denver last night. The day started out absolutely beautiful. Jack and I headed downtown to the 16th Street Mall where we had lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. When we left the house, it was 55 degrees and sunny. By the time we were done with lunch, clouds had rolled in and the winds had picked up. However, it was still nice enough to wander the mall. It was really neat because it's all outdoors. The street is closed down to traffic and people just wander in and out of the stores at their own pace.

I bought t-shirts for the kids and then we headed to the Tattered Cover, this amazing and old Denver bookstore. I bought myself some hot chocolate (because there is nothing better than hot chocolate while in a bookstore!) and just wandered in amazement. This bookstore is by far the coolest bookstore I've ever been in because it's old and filled with two stories of books and magazines. I could have spent all day in there but I managed to make it out with only having spent $20 and that on a magazine, a book, and my hot chocolate.

By the time we walked out of the bookstore, it was pouring down rain. We made a mad dash for the bus and made it just before the doors closed. We took it to the stop closest to Jack's car but we still had to walk two blocks in the rain. By the time we reached the parking garage we were soaked but laughing because it had been fun running in the rain.

We decided on our drive home that the weather was perfect for soup and grilled cheese so we stopped at the grocery store on our way home to get the ingredients for dinner. I also bought brownie mix and made dessert as well. By the time we reached the house, not even an hour later, the rain had changed over to snow and it was coming down fast and quick. By this morning we had gotten 16 inches of snow. Crazy.

Last night Angie and Joseph came over and we just hung out and watched American Idol. Tonight we're all going over to Jack's house for dinner. He's making tacos and we're going to watch Idol again tonight. I've spent a good portion of the day just lying around. I did find the motivation to shower which is good. haha

I got my grades back! I got a 4.0 for the quarter and my overall gpa went up from a 3.2 to a 3.4! Woo! I'm so proud of how well I'm doing in grad school. I absolutlely love it. It's hard but all of my hard work is paying off and my grades definitely reflect it.

I also paid off my credit card today with my financial aid refund and it feels so good to know I have no more debt to my name other than my student loan debt. I shudder at the thought of paying off student loans for the rest of my life. Boo.

But, I don't want to end on a sad note. I did awesome this quarter and I'm having a great time on spring break so it can't get much better than this right now! :-)

2 comments:

The KS Perrys said...

We went to Denver in May 2008 and loved it. The Tattered Cover was a favorite of mine and Steve's as well! We just wandered around and sat and read for a couple hours. :)

Jennifer said...

Wow..that's a lot of snow for the end of March! I am really hoping we don't get a "one last SPRING snowstorm." Nothing worse than 65 degrees one week and a snowstorm the next. lol

You did SO well!! You deserve a great spring break :-)