Sunday, March 21, 2010

In Denver!!

I'm officially in Denver and settled in. I stayed at a hotel in Indianapolis last night (Friday...I'm not sure how this will post with the time differences and stuff :-P ) at a hotel where I paid for one night but could leave my car parked for the week and then take their shuttle to th airport. I had a lovely 5:30 a.m. wake up call from the front desk and caught the 6 a.m. shuttle to the airport for my 8:10 a.m. flight.

Since I had checked in online yesterday morning and already printed my boarding pass, I was able to quickly check my suitcase and move through security. My flight was about two and a half hours and I spent that time finishing a book I had started the night before in the hotel. We had some bumpy moments during the flight but overall it was great.

I landed and quickly moved to baggage and we headed out the door. My cousin graciously gave my the front seat since Mike was driving so I could see better. The view of the Rockies had been stunning from the plane but it was even more stunning the closer we moved towards them. This is the furthest west I have ever been and it's gorgeous out here.

We went to Fuddruckers for lunch where the last eight years quickly melted away. Afterward, we came back and I settled in on th couch to watch OU take on Tennessee but since I had made the mistake of covering up with a blanket, I quickly fell asleep and slept for three hours. Terry Lee and Mike had been out and about doing stuff for work so it was nice to unwind and nap. The thinner air and the little sleep I got last night made the nap necessary.

After I woke up, we hung out for a bit and then Mike, Jack, and I went to Kmart and dinner since Terry Lee had fallen asleep. They took me to this little hole in th wall pizza place called Wazee, which is the equivalent of Mac's for all you Cliftonites in Cincinnati. It was really good and we all know how picky I can be.

I got to see part of downtown while we drove and we drove past Coors Field which means Megan you and I are coming back sometime during the summertime (maybe next year??) to go to a Rockies game! Sometime this week I also get to see Mile High Stadium which will make my mom jealous since she loves the Broncos.

Now it's bedtime. Tomorrow I'm going to church with Mike and Jack and then hopefully working out at the rec center before exploring again. So far, so good. I'm having a great time!

No comments: