Sunday, March 14, 2010

A month?!?

I can't believe it's been a month since I've updated! Actually, I can. This quarter has been so ridiculously busy that I haven't had time to breathe, let alone blog. So what's been going on in my life?

School is going well. I've been working with a real life client this quarter which has been challenging. She has definitely taught me a lot about being a counselor and has also affirmed that I definitely want to be in the school setting and not the mental health field. Classes are also going well. I scheduled for the spring and I'm taking my field practicum along with muticultural counseling so it should be another busy quarter since I'm going to be working in an elementary school with the school counselor for ten weeks starting after spring break.

Dave and Katie's wedding is rapidly approaching, which means Vince's visit is also coming soon! I spent Friday night at Dave and Katie's new house and it made me realize how much I miss them. I'm so busy that on weekends anymore I prefer to curl up on the couch with a book instead of going out. I need to stop being so antisocial but that's what work and grad school have done to me.

My weight loss has stalled big time. I didn't make it to the gym at all this past week because I was working on a research paper all week and my eating habits have gone down the drain again. I need to get myself back on track. I plan on making it to the gym a couple times this week and then taking my running clothes to Denver with me next week since the weather looks like it'll be nice for at least part of my visit.

Speaking of Denver I'm only six days away! I'm driving to Indianapolis Friday night after working and then flying out first thing Saturday morning. I can't wait to spend a week with Terry Lee and he's got big plans for my visit, which sounds like it's going to be a blast. It's also going to be nice to just relax and catch my breath before spring quarter starts.

There's really not much else going on. Work, school, and spending time with my family and friends when I can pretty much consumes me. Nothing exciting happened in the last month unless you count all the snow we got. Other than that, things have just been as normal as they can be.

I probably won't update again before I leave so I'm sure I'll be back after my trip with lots of pictures and stories!

1 comment:

Nick said...

Hello Heather. There is an opportunity you may be interested in. Could you please get back to me using the email that can be found at http://affiliates.dayspring.com/contact-us.html? Sincerely, Nick on behalf of DaySpring Cards