Monday, March 22, 2010

No place like home

So this is my third day in Denver and I'm actually kind of missing home already. Is that sad? Don't get me wrong-I'm having a great time. It's just been hard to chat with my parents and friends because I keep forgetting the time difference. And it's definitely weird to not be at work right now. I wonder how the first day went without me. Oh geez...time to move on to a new topic since I just mentioned work during my vacation. :-P

Last night's big news was the health care bill and since it passed, I know a lot of people who have been angry about it. I don't know enough about it to take a stance nor do I really want anyone to fill me in. I plan to research it myself and then take a stand on it, even if it's already passed. So in that respect, please keep your comments to yourself regarding the health care bill. :-)

I joined the rec center here yesterday as a non-resident. It only cost me $7 to join and then it'll be $5.50 every time I go in to work out. Plus, the pass is good for two years so I can use it when I come back to visit again next summer. My cousin is going to let me have the car in the afternoons while he's in class so this will give me the chance to stay on top of my workouts while I'm on vacation. Yesterday the two of us, his friend Angie, and her son went to the rec and walked the outdoor bike/hike path. It's almost a full mile around and then it splits off into another path which is another mile so by the time I was done, I had run two miles. I opted to run while they walked, though I did walk parts of it. Angie's son Joseph walked and ran with me which was fun. We clicked right away and had a lot to talk about. At the end of my run, I plopped down in the middle of the sidewalk and told them I wasn't moving again because I couldn't feel my legs. :-P

After our run, we went to get a smoothie at this place called Inta Juice and it was super yummy. We came back so I could shower and then went to dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ, a place we don't have in Cincinnati. Then we pretty much hung out and watched the health care coverage until everyone went to bed.

Mike and Terry Lee are both working this morning and then Terry Lee is coming here to drop the car off so I can take him to class and then I'm going to go exploring on my own. No worries though...no chance of me getting lost! They have a gps so I should be relatively fine. Everything here seems to be on a grid and I plan to avoid the highways so it shouldn't be too bad. I really just want to find a Wal-mart or a Joanne's Fabrics so I can get Denver Broncos fabric to make my mom a fleece tie blanket so she'll give me my Charlie Brown blanket back. ;-D

Alright, I'm off. I just loaded the dishwasher and Terry Lee should be home anytime now so I'm going to go explore. :-)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey! :-)

that's awesome that you can use the rec like that and keep getting your workouts in. Maybe you can inspire me to get my butt back to the gym more often. I've only been making it once or twice a week these days.

Enjoy the rest of your vaca!