Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I. Am. Crazy.

I've decided I'm officially crazy. Are you all ready for my announcement? I'm sure no one is going to be surprised (other than myself and even I'm not that surprised at what I've decided...)

I've decided I'm officially going to train for the 2012 Flying Pig Half Marathon. Again. I told myself after all of the health issues I've had over the summer with my psoriasis and what not that I wasn't going to train for anything big this year but let's face it...we all saw this coming. Running has gotten into my blood. I can't run away that easily. Ha! I just made a funny!

Anyway...so yes. Here is my announcement to the world. Time to keep me on track friends. Check in with me every couple of weeks and see how my running is coming. I'm going to do it right this time and actually cross train so I'll be doing other workouts other than just running. Maybe that will help my stamina. We'll see.

First goal of the training process: Little Miami Panther Prowl 5k on August 20th!! It'll be the anniversary of my first 5k (not the actual date, but just the race itself) so I'm pumped to run this one. Since I haven't run since the Pig, it'll be more of a walk/jog but that's okay. I can handle it. I'm just excited to get back out there.

I must have left what was left of my sanity at the finish line on May 1st. That's okay. I love running and I love the confidence it gives me so I say....bring it on! Flying Pig Half Marathon 2012 here I come!!

For now, it's bedtime. :-P

No comments: