Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Way overdue

I am way overdue for an update. A lot of things have been going on, many the same old, same old, but there have been some exciting changes. I don't feel like typing a lot but I figure I'll at least update since it's been like two weeks since I last updated.

Summer quarter is almost over. I finished up my independent study on Monday, which ended up being 22 pages total after the appendices and then tonight I finished my Ethics paper which was four pages. The only thing left for summer quarter now is my in class, open book final on the 29th and then summer quarter is over.

My internship is supposed to start next week but I haven't heard back from my site supervisor and with my class schedule changing, I'm thinking I just may wait and start during the second week of school on the 29th. We'll see. I'm going to send off yet another email to my supervisor tomorrow and if I don't hear from her, my next step will be actually having to call the school.

I mentioned briefly in my last entry that I had met someone. Well, technically I can't say I met someone because we've actually known each other since high school. We fell out of touch in college, reconnected through facebook, and then started going to church together a few weeks ago. One thing led to another and we were hanging out and texting all the time and before either one of us knew it, we had made things official between us last Monday.

It still amazes me looking back over the last month or so how quickly everything happened but words can't even describe how happy I am right now. He is just absolutely incredible and I have been loving every minute that we spend together. I've had a couple of rough days this week and he has put up with me whining and complaining about work, a habit I'm really trying to break. I love how patient he is with me when I do have a rough day and how encouraging he is when I don't want to study or do homework.

I just...I don't even know. Words can't even begin to describe how special I think he is and how much I'm praying this out and looking forward to wherever God is going to take us. I never expected this or saw it coming. I had reached a point where I had told God I was done looking and I was done dating and that He was going to have to drop someone in my lap and well, that's pretty much how it worked out. I haven't been able to stop smiling in weeks and I love getting simple text messages that let me know he's thinking about me. My coworkers and my friends think I'm hilarious because I'm so giddy all the time and I'm constantly smiling. I love it. :-)

I'm running a 5k on Saturday, which will be the anniversary (the 5k, not the actual date) of my first 5k at this time last summer! It's so crazy to think about where I was a year ago and where I am now. I've already started looking at setting up my training schedule to run the half at the Pig again in May. I know that this 5k isn't going to be pretty because I haven't really been running this summer but it's getting me back out there and that's all that matters. After this 5k the next one in the line up is the Race for the Cure in September!

That's really all that's going on with me right now. Work, school, my youth kids, running, and the boy (not necessarily in that order!) pretty much consume my life recently. Hopefully I'll be back to update again soon but with school starting back up and my internship starting, life is about to get crazy busy. I don't want to stay away too long though!

No comments: