Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I can't believe it's time for the holiday season already! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because I get to spend it with my extended family and because the day after Thanksgiving, Cincinnati does it's big tree lighting ceremony on Fountain Square, which really kicks off the holidays here. :-)

This year I am especially grateful for a God who loves me, despite my flaws and imperfections. I am also grateful for an amazing family and friends and a church family who pushes me to grow. I am very blessed and it shouldn't take a holiday for me to remember that.

I'm kicking off the holiday in our traditional fashion of watching the Macy's Parade! I don't EVER move away from the tv until Santa comes through at the end, something my mom makes fun of me for. I told her that it doesn't matter how old I get, that I'll never be too old for Santa and the Macy's Parade. After the parade we're headed to my aunt's for dinner and this year my best friend is joining us because she has to work tomorrow so she couldn't head home for the holiday this year. It'll be a nice treat to have her with us. :-)

Alright, off to watch the parade! Happy Thanksgiving all!

No comments: