Sunday, April 29, 2012

I miss...

Before I begin this entry and write about how much I miss running, can I just complain for a minute that Blogger changed things up and I couldn't use it without installing google chrome on my computer? Yeah, that's exactly what I had to do. Okay...end rant. 

So...I miss running. A lot. I never, ever thought the day would come where I would say that I missed it but I do. Megan's fiance is running the full marathon at the Pig next Sunday and several of my other friends are training for various other Pig events and it just makes me wish I were training too. I know it's okay that I'm not because there's NO way I could have added training for a half marathon into this already busy year, but man, I haven't even had time to workout! It definitely shows that I haven't worked out either because I've gone back up in pants sizes, which frustrates me like crazy.

I did have a doctor's appointment last week to discuss Haiti and the doctor (or rather nurse practitioner-NP) I saw specializes in women's health. She actually took the time to read through my file and when she realized that I'm not on my meds for my PCOS and that I haven't had a cycle in awhile, she instantly ordered some labs for me to have done and we're going to get me started back on my medication. I left the doctor's office stunned that she had taken the time to actually read my medical history (no other doctor in the three years I've been at the UC practice has done that) and wanted to get me back on track. As much as I hate the idea of being on meds, I know that this is what I need. I know it will make me feel better and my body will benefit from it. 

I decided today that starting tomorrow, I am officially in training for the 2013 half marathon at the Flying Pig. This time, I'm going to do it right. No skipping long runs, taking care of my body, cutting out the toxins from my body (aka cutting out the caffeine and sugar once graduation hits!), and making sure I get the proper amount of rest before trying those long runs. I want to actually be able to run this one, and not just walk it. I'm going to start slow for now because I do need to get through the next six weeks until graduation but then after that, it's game on! 

I'm so completely serious about this that I've been sitting here playing on pinterest and finding pictures and quotes to design a motivation collage to hang in my bathroom. I also found a couch to 5k program to get me back on track and that is also going in my bathroom. Why the bathroom? Because I hang all of this motivational stuff on my mirror and the back of the door, the one place I know I will see it on numerous occasions. It will be the first thing I see in the mornings, and the last thing I see at night. I did this last time I trained too. I took dry erase markers and wrote all of my race results on my mirror so I could see them and then kept track of the pounds I was losing on the dry erase board I keep on my bathroom door. I'm also working on a new running mix because let's be honest: mine is done for after last year. I need new stuff to pump me up so feel free to throw suggestions my way. 

Alright, that's all I've got for now. Life is pretty much the same old, same old. Five weeks from Friday is graduation and six weeks from Thursday is New York City! 

No comments: