Monday, February 1, 2010

Procrastination at it's finest

I figured I would write an entry that didn't have me whining and crying all over the place. I feel like it's all I've been doing lately so I'm going for a more upbeat entry tonight.

I'm currently working on a research proposal topic for my Child and Adolescent Counseling class. I'm thinking it's going to be on the need for groups and resources at the middle school level for dealing with divorce, blended families, and single parenting. Divorce is becoming too common in our society anymore and I think there should be resources available to students who have families going through these situations, especially at the middle school level when parents may be so busy battling each other to give the student the resources they need to avoid peer pressure and make good decisions.

I also have another paper due in the same class on Thursday that I haven't started yet. Well, not physically. I've been writing it in my head all weekend. I had to do some interactive exercises with some youth and then have to write about what I learned while completing the activity. The paper should be fairly simple to write.

This is week five of our ten week quarter which means my trip to Denver is six weeks from Saturday!!! I am sooo excited to spend a week with one of my favorite cousins in a city that I have heard is gorgeous. I just can't believe another quarter is almost over. I registered for spring and I'm taking my practicum class, which means completing a 100 hour internship next quarter. I'm trying to get into an elementary school near my house but the budget is being cut back (again) so the school counselor said she would let me know by the end of the week what the school board has decided.

I'm debating about going and trading my iphone in during my lunch break tomorrow. I've been having issues talking on it and I just don't know if I like it. I'm thinking about getting a blackberry instead but we'll see what AT&T has to offer me when I go there tomorrow.

I should probably really stop procrastinating, especially since it's 11 p.m. and I'm exhausted. I want to at least get this one page proposal done tonight so I can get a quick workout in after work tomorrow before having to do an assignment due Wednesday.

Six more weeks. Just six more weeks and I get a much needed week off from school. I can make it. Yes I can.

No comments: