Thursday, June 17, 2010

Europe!!

So Vince and I are planning a trip together for what will be my last spring break as a student. Originally, we were talking about an all inclusive resort in Mexico or a cruise. However, I found out that on a cruise, if you're not 21, you have to have a parent or a guardian with you so we had to quickly nix that idea.

Since I called to tell him that I would have to be his chaperone (something we both got a good laugh out of!), we started dreaming about different exotic vacation spots and we somehow got on the topic of going to Europe for spring break. At first it was a joke until I got off the phone and actually started doing some research.

For the same price that we would pay for an all inclusive resort in Mexico, we could spend a full week in Europe, visiting three different countries. The cost would cover our airfare, our hotels in all three countries, and our transportation between countries, along with a continental breakfast at each hotel every morning. The only thing we would have to pay for would be lunch or dinners and souvenirs.

What started as a joke quickly turned into seriousness. We're definitely considering Europe, something that is and always has been my dream vacation! If we find out that we can't afford Europe, we're going to have a backup plan. Each of us is going to come up with two backup locations just incase our Europe trip falls through. However, I think both of us want this badly enough that we're going to find a way to make it work!

Ok, time to get some rest. We're driving home tomorrow morning and it's a 16 hour drive so I need to get some sleep, which will be hard to do since all I keep doing is dreaming about Europe!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

That sounds awesome! I pray it works out that you can go to Europe!