Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Adios!!

Megan and I are leaving for Florida tomorrow!!!! After counting down for so long, our vacation is FINALLY here!! We both have to work tomorrow and then we're having a quick dinner with Tym and Amy but after we'll be enroute to Florida!

I need this vacation desperately. There has been so much crap going on at work and then the stress of this quarter at school and I am just ready for a break.

Speaking of breaks...in December over the week between Christmas and New Year's when our preschool is closed, three of the girls from work and I are taking a cruise to the BAHAMAS!!! I am soooo freaking excited! I have never been on a cruise before and I don't get to spend much time with the girls from work because of school so I'm looking forward to a four day girls week and ringing in the new year in Florida.

My friend Nikki from school commented that I travel a lot and I laughed and told her that I know I do, because it's true. I love to travel. Then she told me that this is the time to do it, before we're all tied down with families and careers.

That thought had crossed my mind before when I was thinking about how I'm not in a relationship and not married and it's so true. I lament a lot about being single but honestly, think about how many opportunities I have. I can travel when I want to. I can pick up and move across the country if I wanted (something I am considering doing). I'm in school working on my Master's degree in something I love. I have all of these opportunities that I wouldn't be able to jump on if I had a husband and kids so maybe this time of being single isn't so bad after all.

Anyway, off my random tangent. The point of this is to say adios Ohio! My next entry will be from FLORIDA!! Woo hoo!!

No comments: