Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Training

I went to the gym tonight for a much needed run. For whatever reason, my whole body has been tensed up the last couple of days and I honestly think it's from all the driving I've done in the last week. I'm contemplating with my next full paycheck going to get a massage to get all the knots out, but we'll see if I really shell out the money for it.

Anyway, back to my run. I ran last night after work and only got a mile in. I had a headache due to the heat and I got lightheaded because I hadn't really eaten much yesterday because I was so busy at work. Once I hit the one mile mark I decided it was time to get off the treadmill and go home to have dinner. I was going to go for another run after dinner but got a text from Diana asking if I wanted to meet her and John (who are technically on their honeymoon!) to hang out for a bit so I headed out to their hotel and we hung out until almost 11 instead.

I went to dinner with my friend Kelly tonight and then headed to the gym determined to get a mile and a half in. I actually succeeded, but not before feeling like I was going to die. I need to build my endurance up so I can run a mile straight without stopping but instead I did intervals. I would run for a tenth of a mile, and then walk for a tenth of mile and so on and so forth. I did this until I finally hit a mile and a half. At 1.40 on the treadmill, I was ready to collapse but I made myself finish strong until I hit the 1.50 mark. My goal by next week is two miles, so we'll see how it goes.

I also cut my mile time down to a 13 minute mile which is pretty exciting for me. I'm hoping by Christmas I'll have it down even further. My friend Denise is training for a half marathon for this coming September so we're going to start running together again. I do better running when I have someone beside me.

Alright, I'm going to go pass out from exhaustion now. My run knocked all the energy out of me so I should sleep good tonight. I didn't want to go to the gym, but I'm so glad I did. With each run I can feel myself getting stronger so I'm getting myself psyched up for all of this marathon training. Flying Pig 2011 half marathon here I come!

No comments: