Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I know I'm a little early but I also know that things are about to get crazy so I wanted to update before I leave the country this weekend. We're spending tomorrow evening at my grandma's with the immediate family to exchange gifts. Saturday I head up to Oxford for Christmas dinner at my aunt and uncle's so long as we don't get all the snow they're calling for. Then Christmas night we're doing our gift exchange with my parents and my sister and brother in law and the kids. Then Sunday morning at 3 a.m. I leave for the Bahamas!!!

Things have been crazy busy for the last couple of weeks. I was finally allowed to run again last Saturday so I've been to the gym twice this week and I'm headed there in the morning for a long run before I leave for vacation this weekend. I only have to do four miles this weekend so it shouldn't take more than an hour to get my run in tomorrow. My sister is also joining Fitworks which is exciting!

Work has been pretty slow. Most of my kids were out this week because they either had parents who were teachers who were off this week or older siblings who were off of school. Many of my students brought me gifts and my favorites have been the home made ones that the kids have made me.

I've been in a funk lately where I haven't felt like being social but have forced myself to be social anyway. It also doesn't help that all of my friends are in relationships lately but me. I hate this time of year because it reminds me of how incredibly lonely I am.

I've been thinking of goals I want to meet next year. I don't want to call them resolutions because I always fail miserably at them so I want these to be goals that I know are attainable in the new year. I'll elaborate on those when I get back from vacation.

My vacation is the biggest thing going on right now! On Sunday two of my co-workers and I are driving down to Cocoa Beach, Florida to spend the night before we sail out on our four day cruise to the Bahamas on Monday! We sail out on Monday and then dock in Cococay, Royal Caribbean's private Island on Tuesday. Megan plans to lay on the beach all day while Michelle and I are going to go snorkeling! It's on my bucket list so I'm excited to cross it off! Wednesday we dock in Nassau and spend the day exploring. Thursday we sail all day and then Friday we dock back in Port Canaveral.

The girls and I are spending New Year's Eve in Orlando at Caribe Royal, this amazing hotel not far from Disney! You can check the hotel out: www.thecaribeorlando.com/caribe-royal/ We got a pretty good deal for one night and we're excited to ring in 2011 somewhere warm! We're going to House of Blues for dinner and then who knows what the night holds! I can't wait to actually do something fun for New Year's for once!

I'm not even dreading the 16 hour car drive each way because I know Megan and Michelle and I will make it fun. I can't wait for this bonding experience. The three of us need this.

For now, I'm off to clean up my room and start packing while I watch Beauty and the Beast on my new to me tv and dvd player from my parents. My mom got my stepdad a blu-ray player for Christmas and then they got a flat screen tv for their room so their bigger tv is now in my room and my tiny little tv from college is now in the kid's room for my nieces and nephew when they stay here.

Alright, I'm seriously off now. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! See you all when I get back from the Bahamas!!

No comments: