Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rotten timing

So let's start with the good news shall we? I went to the doctor yesterday and after three and a half hours and a set of xrays, the doctor told me that I was just having muscle spasms. She put me on a steroid package for a week and gave me muscle relaxers to help me sleep shall I need them. I took the first dose last night and I woke up PAIN FREE this morning! I've taken two doses this morning and I'm feeling pretty good. No pain, nothing.

That's the good news. Let's move on to the bad news shall we? I was on runner's world reading an article about marathons and my computer went spastic and started telling me that I need to defrag my computer and that it couldn't find my hard drive and I had no space on my c drive. WHAT?!? So I defragged like it told me to and nothing worked. I started to suspect that I had a virus so I backed up all of my school files and took my computer to the geek squad at Best Buy.
Sure enough, I have some virus that masquerades as a computer program saying you need to scan your computer and as you scan, it slowly wipes out your hard drive. I had to pay $212 so Best Buy can wipe out my hard drive, scan it for viruses, and fix everything. I'm going to lose all of my pictures, files, and music. I don't care about the files because I backed those up since I need them for school. But I'm pissed about the music and the pictures.

Vince says my Itunes should restore itself so I'm hoping that's the case. Most of the music on my Itunes is stuff I uploaded and very little of it is stuff I actually paid for so if that's the case it'll just be a tedious task to reload some of my cds on there. The longest task will be putting my Vince mixes back on there because he doesn't give me a playlist so I have to google all of the lyrics to figure them out! :-P

What rotten freaking timing for this to happen. I still need to take my Stats final so I'm going to use Megan's computer tonight when she gets home from work since my parents computer (which I'm currently using) is super slow. This would happen to me during finals week. Ughhhhh.

I had to wipe out my vacation fund for my cruise the week after Christmas to pay for my computer so now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for gas and the hotel on my way to Florida. I have a financial aid refund coming on the 27th which will help on the way back but I don't know how I'm going to pay for gas and the hotel on the way there. I cried on the way home from Best Buy because I was so angry.

Why does this kind of stuff always happen to me during finals week?? Something bad happens every quarter during finals. Last quarter I had strep, this quarter my computer crashes. Ugh! I hate my life today.

No comments: