Friday, October 21, 2011

Almost baby time!

So much has happened since my last update. It's currently 2:46 a.m. and I'm sitting in a labor and delivery room with my sister and my mom. My sister is being induced because the baby was measuring small and after an ultrasound today (yesterday??), the doctors saw that there was low amniotic fluid and low blood flow to the umbillical cord.

They decided to be safe to induce her so we've been here at the hospital since 8. They started her on cervadil around 10ish to start getting her cervix to soften because she wasn't dilated at all. At last check she's till only a quarter of a centimeter dilated. I've been up for about 21 hours now, so I think it's safe to say I'm not going to work in five hours. In fact, I don't intend to leave this hospital until we have a baby!

Doctors are hoping to not have to give her petocin until about 10 a.m. but right now we don't think she's dilating at all. She's having moderate to intense contractions, mainly in her back, but not enough to do anything right now. We're trying to convince her to take some pain meds to relax so she can sleep but she refuses until the epidural later on down the line. She also tested positive for Group B Strep so the doctor's are giving her penicillin via IV so it's not transmitted to the baby during delivery.

That's it on the baby front. We're all kind of hanging in there. I told my sister of course she couldn't go into labor a day early so the baby and I could share the same birthday. :-P However, we're kind of concerned because she's three weeks early so none of us were really expecting this. Hopefully everything goes smooth when it comes time to deliver.

I feel the worst for my mom who just had surgery two days ago. She had a hysterectomy done but had it done vaginally so she's not really sore, just uncomfortable. She's slow going because she's uncomfortable but she refuses to leave because she wants to be here with my sister. I refuse to leave even though I'm exhausted because I missed this with Logan and Savannah so I refuse to miss it with Daniel. I'm trying to be as comfortable as possible. I'm sitting in a rocking chair with my feet propped on a stool. So far-no sleep. :-P

Okay, we just turned the lights out in the room so I think we're all going to try and get some rest. Send some positive baby vibes our way, along with prayers. I know my sister would really appreciate them.

No comments: