Sunday, June 28, 2009

You got the right stuff baby!

This has been one very busy week. Summer session of grad school is in full swing and I love it. I'm only taking one class at the moment but I love love love it. My classmates are wonderful and I actually enjoy reading my textbook. It's amazing how different it is from undergrad. I hated reading for class during undergrad and now, I'm fascinated. (Except tonight because I'm exhausted and have to keep re-reading. :-P )

Megan and I fulfilled a childhood dream last night and went to see New Kids on the Block in concert. It was amazing what a different dynamic it was from Brad Paisley. I think for every 30 women there was probably one guy in the crowd. Most of the crowd was women in their late 20's to late 40's and it was just fun watching everyone act like they were back in their teens. As soon as NKOTB hit the stage we all started shrieking. I'm pretty sure I even had tears in my eyes! It was, hands down, the BEST concert I have ever been to. No concert will ever top it because it's not very often that your favorite boy band reunites and goes back on tour and you get to be there for it. Megan and I are hoping they tour again next summer!

This morning I tried out a new church with my friend Brian's parents. I loved it. For the last year or so I've felt like I'm stuck with my church and I'm not moving. I haven't grown at my church in awhile and I've had this on again off again thought that I should consider changing churches. After this morning and Carl's message on listening for God's voice, I know I have a lot to pray about. I honestly think it may be time to move on, as hard as it's going to be to leave my current church. I'm meeting with Brian's parents this week to talk about how they made their transition and to pray with them about where God is leading me.

I don't intend to make any drastic changes because I told Bill and Mary that I thought it was important to honor my Sunday school commitment and finish assisting through the summer. Come fall, we'll see where God takes me next. I'm scared but excited for this journey. :-)

The only other major thing going on is my running. I've set aside three nights a week to run with Denise from my church but tonight was one night we don't run together. The gym closes at 7 on Sundays so I decided to go for a run alone. For some reason, tonight was a rough night. I walked more than I ran and it's left me discouraged because I feel like I'm never going to be able to run a mile straight without having to stop and walk and because I feel this way, I feel like I'm never going to make a 5k, let alone the half marathon goal I've set in front of me for next spring.

My sister complimented me today and said she could see the weight I've shed but lately I've felt like I'm in a rut. The last time I got on the scale at the gym it told me I was 11 pounds from the goal weight I set for October but then Andrea's scale the other night told me I was 30 pounds heavier than that and now I don't know which scale is right. I don't think Andrea's is for the simple fact that her scale puts me at a weight that would have only made me lose 15 pounds since December and I know I've lost more than that. I wish I knew where I could find an accurate scale, something that I know I can trust. Or maybe I should just stay away from the scale altogether.

Ugh I am so discouraged right now. I'm off to finish watching Army Wives and read the last chapter that needs read for class tomorrow.

No comments: