Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Exciting? Nah...

I talked to Tym tonight who made a comment about my exciting life and how I always have something going on. From the outside, it probably does look like that but I chalk it up to it being summer and this being my last big break from school until graduation. When classes start at the end of September, I'll go straight through until I graduate in March of 2012 because I have to take summer classes next summer. That thought alone makes me want to cry...

In other news, I guess the next couple of weeks really are busy. On Friday I head to Athens for the weekend to visit Vince, whom I haven't seen all summer. No, scratch that. I saw him the day after Diana's wedding for a very brief lunch in Mentor during my whirlwind less than 24 hour trip to northeast Ohio, something I have clearly been in no hurry to repeat. He moved into his apartment yesterday and I'm looking forward to some much needed Vince and Heather time. :-)

Then, when I get back on Sunday, Joe and I are headed downtown for the WEBN fireworks. I think James and Brittany may be going with us, but I'm not sure yet. Joe and I are for sure going though, which makes me happy because I love being downtown for the fireworks Labor Day weekend. It marks the end of summer in Cincinnati and the weather is supposed to be perfect!

Monday is a sleep in, clean, and relax day. My bathroom needs deep cleaned and then I need to purge my closet so I can figure out what I need for work clothes wise. A lot of my stuff from last fall and winter is too big so I need to figure out exactly what I need so I can go shopping to replenish my work stuff.

Then all I have to do is get through Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of next week at work and I leave for DENVER!!! I'll be gone for a week and I can't wait! We have so much planned and I am going to enjoy every minute of my vacation because when I get back school starts. Boo!

So other than that exciting stuff what else is going on? Well, I'm siging up to run the Race for the Cure on the 25th which is exciting! It'll be my second 5k and I'm pumped to see how well I do during that race. We were supposed to get a team together but that doesn't seem to be panning out so I'm just going to register as an individual runner because I definitely want to run it.

Some of my co-workers and I are doing a Biggest Loser weight loss competition at work. We each put in $25 and between tomorrow and December 1st we're going to have weekly weigh ins and at the end there will be a cash prize for whoever loses the highest percentage of weight. I went grocery shopping tonight and every single thing I bought was good for me. My goal is to pack my lunch each day and when I snack, to snack on things that are good for me. Now if I could only figure out how to cut out my caffeine intake and I'd be golden...

Alright, I'm done rambling. I need to get some sleep because I'm pretty sure there was no point to this entry other than to ramble so I can sleep. :-P

No comments: