Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rambles

I haven't done a real update in awhile and I feel guilty for not writing much so I figured if I just start rambling that maybe it'll make me tired enough to sleep.

There really hasn't been too much going on. I work everyday and when I'm not working I'm always on the go somewhere. It's starting to wear me down though and I asked for the morning off on Monday from work to sleep in a bit. My small group is talking about going to the Bengals-Broncos preseason game Sunday night but even if we don't go, I think I'm still going to keep the morning off just to get some rest.

My 5k is next week and I haven't run at all this week. I haven't been feeling well this week and have been having some trouble breathing so I figured running wasn't a smart idea. I'm worried that I'm not going to do well at the 5k. Denise keeps telling me it's not about the time, but about finishing so that's what I keep telling myself. I just want to finish and to run a good chunk of it.

We're having our state inspection at work tomorrow which is always fun. And when I say fun, I mean no, not really. However, I know my classroom is ready so we should be fine. I just hope my kids behave themselves. We've had a rough two weeks so I hope tomorrow goes smoothly.

My Denver trip is exactly 30 days away and I have been counting down like crazy! I've been missing the boys like crazy and can't wait to get out there for the week. Mike has a bunch of stuff planned for us and I also plan to get in some outdoor running while I'm there. I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but my friend Kelly is going with me which will be fun. She's never been so I can't wait to show her why I love it so much. We're even going to check out a church while we're there so that will be fun too.

School starts next month. Blah. Part of me is ready to get back but a bigger part of me enjoyed having the summer off. Starting next month, I'm going straight through until I graduate in March of 2012. That means summer classes next summer since I'm part time and didn't take the other two classes required last summer. It's going to be a busy year and a half, but I just keep reminding myself that when I have that Master's degree in my hand it will all be worth it, even if I'll be paying off student loans until the day I die. :-P

Alright, I think that's all I've got for tonight. I need to get some sleep to chase my crazy three year olds tomorrow when state is in the building.

1 comment:

Miss Meg said...

Ohh I hate inspections. We have State twice a year like you guys do (one announced and one not) but we also have Quality Assurance from headquarters. Thankfully, it generally goes well.
Just remember, unless your kids are unruly because you aren't paying attention to them - State won't mind some crazy kiddos. They know just as well as we do that kids can be unpredictable :)
Hope inspection went well for you guys!