Sunday, January 9, 2011

Believe

Each year, I tell myself that I am going to make resolutions and stick to them. Each year, by February or March, those resolutions have gone out the window. Last year, I made several and the only one that I stuck to pretty firmly (though I stumbled occasionally) was to not date for the year.

This year, while I have made goals that I do intend to meet such as trying to pay off credit card debt, paying on student loan interest (remind me to do an entry on my views on college and finances soon), and finishing the half marathon, I decided that I want this year to be a year of spiritual growth. I was encouraged by a post I read by my dear friend Megan who shared that she is following KLove's encouragement of having a word of the year that is Spirit led for the year. Since she shared her word with us, I have spent a lot of time in thought and prayer before deciding that this was how I wanted to approach 2011.

Today, I spent a good chunk of my day in prayer and my word of the year for 2011 is believe. God has been calling me to believe for awhile now and it's time to fully discover what that means. I obviously believe in God and I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins but I struggle with truly believing in the promises that He has made and what He's been revealing to me in the last couple of years. I want to spend 2011 finding out what it means to believe God, who He says He is, and the truths and promises He has been breathing into my life in the last few years. I've been thinking a lot today on where I was a couple of years ago and where I am today and the growth I've seen is incredible, but I know there is so much more He wants to teach me and until I can believe, my eyes are not going to be able to see beyond what is right in front of me.

It's time to step out of my comfort zone and dig deep. It's time to believe and start living a spirit filled life that I know He is calling me to. I can't wait to see where 2011 takes me.

No comments: