Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things I love

I have to admit, this entry isn't my idea. It's actually my best friend's idea so she needs all the credit. However, lately I find myself occasionally getting into a "negative nancy" mood so today before class I sat in Panera and had some reflection time where I thought about everything in my life that I love and decided to make it a blog entry I can reflect back on later as a reminder that even when the skies are gray, there are many things in my life I love.

So without further ado, I leave you with things I love (in no particular order):

--Falling asleep to the sound of rain on the roof
--My Bible
--Sitting in the food court of Kenwood Mall having spiritual conversations with great friends
--Driving with the windows down and the music up
--Reading
--Being an advocate for education and school counseling
--My crackberry
--My family, especially all the kids in it
--Running!
--Pushing through a run when it hurts and the rush it brings at the end
--Long conversations on side by side treadmills with my running partner
--Sunday night phone calls with the person I tell everything to
--Walking on a beautiful college campus
--Being downtown and the vibe of city living
--Hanging out with some sweet youth every Sunday night
--Road trips with my best friend, screaming Miley Cyrus at 2 am in the ghetto
--Bengals football and Reds baseball...I love Cincy sports!
--New York Yankees...enough said.
--Blankets fresh out of the dryer
--My multiple Vera Bradley bags
--flip flops and barefeet
--Summertime
--Ohio University on a sunny fall day
--Ohio University on any type of day :-)
--The kids I teach everyday
--80's teen movies like The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles
--Holding hands and walking on the river talking about life
--Denver :-)
--Friends who have known you since kindergarten and still love you
--Texts from friends just to say hi because I know I was being thought of at that moment
--My best friend because she brought me to Christ :-)
--My aunt who always loves me and supports me and lets me be such a big part of their lives
--My sister, who I couldn't live without
--Crossing the finish line of a big race and the satisfaction of finishing what I started
--Taking pictures
--Dressing up for a night on the town
--My mom and stepdad for never giving up on me and loving me despite my stupid choices
--Curling up in bed on the weekends with a good book and a cheesy chick flick
--Days I can get by in jeans and a t-shirt with my hair in a ponytail and no makeup on
--My turquoise dyed opal earrings from Denver
--My UC blanket from my bbff
--Hot summer nights at the ballpark
--Long conversations and laughing with my small group
--Sitting in coffee shops reading and people watching
--Smoothies from Smoothie King-you'll win my heart for the day if you bring me one! :-)
--My planner
--Writing in black ink
--Sitting in my favorite spot on the river thinking when I'm alone and having great conversations when with friends
--My sweet running shoes!
--Labor Day weekend in Cincinnati...or let's face it: any weekend in Cincinnati!
--Being a student and learning something new everyday
--Cokes from McDonald's because they taste the best
--Play dates with the world's cutest twin girls
--My nieces and my nephew who stole my heart the day they were born
--My nalgene water bottle
--Getting dressed up and going to the Aronoff with my faves
--My life and the people in it who make it worth living :-)

No comments: