Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finally!

If you all are friends with me on facebook, you've seen my recent status updates about this awful rash. I'm pretty sure I've blogged about it and how I finally got a diagnosis about a month ago. Well, it never went away. In fact, it just keeps spreading. I finally couldn't take it anymore and I tried to call and schedule a dermatology appointment but the lady I talked to was really rude and told me they couldn't get me in until September. I kept trying to explain I couldn't wait but she insisted I needed to follow up with a regular doctor first and made me an appointment with a doctor that I silently call a witch for how rude she was to me about my weight two years ago when I first started going to UC without even reading my chart to know why I struggle with my weight loss. I decided to cancel that appointment and just walk in today before class.

Well, this morning I woke up and the spots on my stomach no longer itched-they were burning. Well, not so much burning as tingling. It's hard to describe the feeling. I went into work crying because of how uncomfortable I was. Stacey immediately decided I needed to go see a doctor before this afternoon and she called our boss and arranged for me to leave work at 8:45 to go to the doctors. So mnay of my co-workers gripe about her, but today was just another reason of why I love working with her. She always has my best intentions at heart.

I got to campus and found out my favorite doctor (Dr. Harrison) was working. I immediately asked to see her and as soon as she walked into the exam room, she knew I needed to see a dermatologist. She did prescribe me a cream she's hoping will ease some of my itching because she thinks the cortizone cream I've been using has been making the rash spread. I was so relieved that she believed something was wrong that I started crying. I explained to her about trying to call derm myself and about how I'm so uncomfortable I can't function and she knew I needed to see someone. She called the derm nurse in who just happened to be working today and even she took one look at me and was like "Oh honey we need to get you in now. You can't wait until September." Thank you! Finally someone who sees why I'm so miserable!

I am so thankful for Dr. Harrison and the fact that she actually believed there was something wrong with me. I'm at a point where I literally just can not take this anymore. From now on, I see no one but her because three other doctors have seen me, all of whom said this just needed to run it's course. Obviously there is something wrong with me or it wouldn't keep spreading and itching like this!!

Now, just to suffer through the next few days until I can get into the derm. :-/

No comments: