Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thankful

Tonight I have several things to be thankful for and decided to write about them to remind myself that I don't always need to complain.

First off, I am so thankful for the wonderful friend I have in Kelly. We met through Tym and Cru last year and only became as close as we are now last quarter when she moved back home for the quarter to co-op for her engineering program. We e-mailed back and forth every week or every other week sharing our hearts and what God has been doing in our lives. She's back in Cincinnati for the rest of the school year and I am thrilled to see where God takes our friendship. We spent some time tonight before Cru talking and praying and it reminded me of how sweet it is to have such close Christian girlfriends to hang out with.

Second, I am thankful for some of the wonderful families that have children at my preschool. As you all know, I am terrified of the snow and driving in it ever since I spun out a couple of years ago. The idea of driving in the snow literally reduces me to tears and makes me panic. With the snow storm moving our way overnight, I was trying to figure out what to do about having to drive in it. My parents told me to call in and tell my boss I was sick but we're already short staffed as it is so I didn't want to do that, especially when the morning commute shouldn't be a problem. We discussed me getting a hotel room tomorrow night after work to be close to work for the Friday morning commute but I didn't want to have to pay $100 for one night if I didn't have to. I just didn't know what to do.

As I was driving home talking to Denise tonight, I remembered that there are families close by that I baby-sit for so I sent Jana (the mom of the twin girls I baby-sit) a facebook message and asked her if she would be willing to put me up for the night if need be and not even ten minutes later she sent me back a reply telling me that she and Jason and the girls would love for me to stay with them anytime I needed and not to hesitate to ask. Her reply did my heart a world of good and while I'm still a little nervous about driving tomorrow morning, at least I know after work tomorrow that I'll only have a five minute drive to their house as opposed to a 30 minute drive (in good weather of course!) back to my house.

On that note, I am off to shower and pack an overnight bag to get ready for tomorrow since I'm sure I won't be home again tomorrow night. I hate winter but I am so thankful for the blessings I have in my life.

No comments: