Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just my luck

As I write this, I'm currently sitting at home curled up on the couch under my UC blanket. I took a sick day from work today after getting sent home yesterday afternoon right after my lunch break because I started getting sick. It all came on quickly.

At 10:30 yesterday morning I started getting really bad stomach cramps but still felt fine. I thought I was just hungry. Over the course of the next hour as I sat down to lunch with my kiddos, it got so bad that I was doubled over holding my stomach. Stacey sent me to the bathroom and even that didn't help. At noon one of our other girls came over to break me and I sat in my car trying to convince myself I wasn't sick. That only worked for about 45 minutes before I finally did get sick. Twice in ten minutes to be exact so Stephanie sent me home. I spent about eight and a half hours getting sick before it finally passed. I fell asleep around midnight and slept until 10:30 this morning.

I feel okay right now. In fact, I woke up hungry but I figured I should probably try and keep water down first before I attempt food. Last night I couldn't even keep water down. I really want some toast and juice but I'm going to wait for another hour or so to make sure this bug has really passed. The best part of it is that it truly is short lived. It last about 12-24 hours and then it's done.

The best perk of being sick? I've been curled up in bed watching episodes of Law and Order SVU and Bones on Netflix. This morning there's a House marathon on so I'm sitting on the couch watching that right now. I can't fathom the idea of laying in bed anymore because I've been laying in bed since two yesterday afternoon and my back actually hurts from laying in bed for so long.

I should go strip my bed and wash the sheets now since I spent all day yesterday sick in bed. Blah.

No comments: