Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What's been going on?

I figured it was time for a real update since I haven't updated since the Turkey Trot. There's been a lot that has gone on, most of which I can't update about here because this blog is too public and I don't know who reads it. Those of you who are privy to my more private blog already know and if you don't know, then ask and I'll give you updates.

I think the biggest update is that I don't think things with this new guy are going to work out for numerous reasons but the biggest reason of all is because of my own heart. Again, this goes back to my more personal blog so I'm just going to leave it at that. I'm waiting to see if he's going to call or text me again. I'm not going to keep pursuing this because I just don't feel that it's right. My friends have all asked me what I would do if he were to ask me out again and I honestly don't know. That's one of those things where I'll have to wait and see as it happens.

Tonight is my last night of classes for fall quarter. Finals are next week but my finals are both online so I don't have to come to campus next week. My Stats class doesn't have an attendance policy so I skipped class tonight and I'm currently sitting in the student center working on my 10-15 page research paper I have due next week. I figured that was more important than trudging up the hill in the rain to sit through a class where the TA reads verbatim from the power point. I can do that myself.

I love that Jesus Loves Me by the Go Fish guys just came on my Itunes. Brings back such fun memories from VBA this past summer. I had so much fun with my crew of girls and then leading music for the inner city church that brought their children's ministry to our church for a mini VBA. Ok...end side tangent. :-P

I'm flying out to Arizona in April for Beth's wedding so I'm currently looking up different flight options. Every single flight I've looked at has a layover in Denver so I'm actually going to extend my layover and stay in Denver overnight because Mike's birthday falls on that Friday night and I want to be there to celebrate this year. So basically I'm looking at flying out of Dayton or Cincinnati late Thursday evening, staying in Denver Thursday night to Friday night, flying to Arizona on Friday and then flying back to Ohio on Sunday. Lots of flying but it'll be so worth it.

Speaking of Mike...I don't know what I would do without him in my life. Going out to Denver last March was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. I jokingly call him my soul mate but quite honestly, he is the gay male equivalent of me. He hears everything and I mean everything about my life and we have such an open relationship that we can be brutally honest with each other without having to worry about pissing each other off and hurting each other's feelings. In the last nine months he has quickly become one of the best friends I've ever had and I would be so lost without him.

Ok, end sappy part of my entry. I really should be working on my paper. That's why I skipped class in the first place. The more I can get done over the next couple days, the less I have to do when I'm with Vince this weekend in Athens. We're having a movie and wine night on Friday night when I get into town, something we both desperately seem to need. I can't wait to curl up on his futon and just talk about everything that's happened since we last saw each other. I live for these weekends with him where I can be myself and just relax.

Ok, seriously. Time to go be studious. Or something close to that. I have an hour and a half before my next class so I need to get some work done!

No comments: