Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Matchmaker

Just a quick entry before bed because my four mile run is finally kicking in and the adrenaline has worn off so now I'm just exhausted.

Megan and I had dinner tonight and I was able to share with her a lot of what was on my heart, things I've been letting build up for awhile that I spilled out in an e-mail to my dear friend Heather last night. In the midst of that conversation, Megan jokingly asked me if she could set me up with a guy she used to date, someone who she's still friends with but thinks would be good for me.

At first, I told her she was crazy. But then I started thinking about it and kept asking myself what harm there could be in it. After all, I don't exactly travel in social circles with many available guys in my age group so how else am I going to meet someone if I don't put myself out there right? I posed the question to my facebook status and it wasn't long before I had close to 20 comments on it, some saying I shouldn't do it, but most saying I should.

I finally caved and gave Megan permission to work her magic. She has apparently given this guy my phone number and now I'm just waiting to see how this works outs. About an hour later I decided I didn't want to be "that" girl who sits by the phone anxiously waiting for a guy to call or not call so I made myself go to the gym and run the four miles I needed to run tonight, even though I had contemplated not going because Denise was working late. Those four miles did wonders for me because I was able to clear my head and forget about it while I watched the CMA's.

I had a great run though and loved pushing myself harder and further than I've pushed myself in the last several months of my training. I'm sure I'll be sore in the morning but it will be so well worth it.

Alright, I should get some sleep because I'm chaperoning fall retreat with the youth this weekend and I know I won't sleep much being in a cabin with a bunch of giggly junior high and high school girls!

No comments: