Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Finals week

It's officially finals week at UC. Finally. I never thought this week would come. This has been an awful quarter and I'm so ready for it to be over. Not only has it been rough academically, but health wise it has sucked. I'm ready for spring. Granted, I have to start studying for the boards but hopefully that won't leave me as traumatized as this quarter has.

I don't know why but this quarter has just really been a struggle for me. It's not even like my classes are difficult. In fact, I actually enjoyed Career Development more than I expected to. But for whatever reason, I feel like I spent more time doing work this quarter than I have for any other quarter of grad school in the last two years, including the fall when I took Stats! I have never been so ready to put a quarter behind me as I am this one.

Maybe it's just because it's winter quarter. I hated winter quarter during undergrad. The weather sucks, I always have a touch of depression in the winter, and it just leaves me feeling discouraged. Spring quarter has always been one of my favorites and hopefully it'll be the same this year. We'll see.

In the last 48 hours I think I've only gotten a total of about nine hours of sleep. I've put a lot of time into my Career Development studying since he changed up the test format for the final. I have NO idea what to study for Preventive Counseling because the professor hasn't lectured at all this quarter and told us we'd walk away with what we needed to know from reading the textbook and doing our group projects. Well, guess what? I did my project AND I read the WHOLE textbook (a first in my two years of grad school!) and I still don't feel like I learned anything. I have no idea what to study for that final tonight at 7 so I'm going into it blind and I'll just wing it. I don't know what more I can do.

I'm just so ready for this quarter to be over. It's even taken a toll on my job because I've been spacing out and so not paying attention. Even the kids have picked up on my tension because they've all been wound up and off the walls. Maybe once finals are over I'll be back to my normal self. If I don't, my boss just might have my head.

Vince comes in on Sunday night and I am SO excited to see him! I took Monday and Tuesday off of work to spend with him and I can't wait to just relax and let myself go for two whole days. We have no plans other than to have dinner with some of my work friends Monday night and for once I'm okay with that. We're both coming off of crazy busy quarters so I think we're both looking forward to the opportunity to just relax.

Plus, Sunday morning is my big 15k!! The weather looks promising right now...65 and sunny! Perfect! Denise and I are going to car pool together and then Megan and James will be waiting for me at the finish line with a plain bagel with peanut butter and orange juice in hand. I'm a lucky, lucky girl to have such amazing friends who cleared their schedules to be there when I finish. I'm so pumped for this race. After this, Flying Pig Half Marathon here I come!

I better run. I need to get my comptuer shut down and start the walk across campus in the rain for my first final. Boo. Only about five more hours and this quarter is OVER!!

No comments: