Thursday, March 10, 2011

Looking for suggestions!

I'm sitting here on the couch, staring out at our backyard and cursing the fact that it's snowing...again. I freaking hate Ohio weather. We've had so many days of 50 degree weather lately and now it's snowing again. Granted, it's not supposed to accumulate (at least not here in Cincinnati it's not) but the point is is that it's 30 degrees and snowing outside. I thought we were past this and moving on to spring. Blah.

I had an interesting hour and a half phone call with Mike last night about religion and spirituality which was sparked by a facebook comment that Vince made. I went into the phone call intending to prove Mike wrong and instead, I ended up with more questions than answers. I'm looking forward to finals being over because I want to dig deeper on some of the topics we were talking about. Next quarter is going to be a little bit easier than this quarter so I'll have some extra time to really dig into the Word and find out just what it is that the Bible says on certain topics.

The conversation came at a perfect time for me because I've felt like I've been in a valley and a funk lately so I love that I'm excited about getting back into my Bible reading again. I truly believe God brings people around at the time you need them most so He knew I needed that conversation with Mike last night.

I was home sick today...again. I think this time it may have been something I ate. We had tacos for dinner at Tym and Amy's apartment last night and my mom asked me if we had cooked the meat all the way. I thought we had but maybe we didn't. Or maybe I just ate too much. I don't know. All I know is I tossed and turned with an upset stomach last night and then woke up this morning with stomach cramps and vomiting. I finally fell asleep around 8ish and slept until 1:30 this afternoon. I was able to eat a bland peanut butter sandwich this afternoon but my stomach is still queasy. I can't open our refrigerator without getting nauesous from the smell of the hard boiled eggs my mom made last night.

Finals are on Tuesday. I really need to start studying. I arranged to leave work early on Tuesday so I could study for a few solid hours before my Career Development final, which is the one I'm worried the most about. I'm glad he gave us a study guide this time around and I'm hoping it will help.

Alright, finally what I need suggestions for. I'm creating a new playlist for the Heart Mini Marathon 15k I'm running next weekend and I'm looking for suggestions of fun, upbeat songs to keep me going. I'm getting pretty tired of my playlist so anything is welcome!

I'm off to study. This quarter is almost over...!

No comments: