Friday, March 18, 2011

The weekend I've been waiting for!

Well, we've finally arrived to the weekend I've been looking forward to and training for for months now! The 15k is in less than 48 hours and I'm getting sooo excited! You're supposed to carb load two nights before and not the day prior to the race so I went to Olive Garden with Megan and James tonight and indulged in breadsticks and spaghetti to get my carbs in. Tomorrow it's probably going to be a strictly soup diet so I don't have any stomach issues on Sunday morning.

Tonight consists of mainly cleaning my room because it currently looks like a tornado went through it. It's amazing how awful it looks. Believe it or not, my suitcase from the cruise I went on in December is still laying in the middle of my room. haha Plus I need to change my sheets and pillow cases since I came down with strep this week so I'm not sleeping on germs. Blah.

Tomorrow Denise and I are headed to the race expo to pick up our packets with our numbers and timing chips in them. Since Jon is out of town, we're going to have the kids so we're bringing them with us and then doing lunch after somewhere. I'm definitely excited for some girl bonding time, even with the kids. :-)

After we get back from the expo, I'm going to hang out with Joe for a bit who is home on spring break. I haven't seen him since Christmas so it'll be fun to hang out and catch up. Then it'll be home to head to bed early to be well rested for the 15k!

Sunday morning I'm meeting Denise at her house at 6:15 (in the morning!) so we can head downtown to meet Shana who is running the half with Denise and give us time to get in line to use the bathroom before starting our run. There will be porta potties on the course but my hope is to not have to stop and use them. We'll see how that works out though.

Vince gets in Sunday night and I can't wait to see him! I don't think we have anything specific planned for his visit other than to just hang out and relax after coming down off of busy quarters. I haven't seen since him since before Christmas so I'm looking forward to a couple days of catching up and spending time together.

I'll probably be out of commission until he leaves on Tuesday so I'll update again then. Wish me luck and say a little prayer for me on Sunday morning! I may pop in Sunday afternoon long enough to give an update with how I did and then follow up with details after Vince leaves. :-)

No comments: