Thursday, March 17, 2011

Strep throat

I'm sitting here at home on the couch in the middle of the afternoon when I should be at work. I woke up yesterday morning with what felt like a scratchy throat and by the end of the day at work, it had started to hurt. I was up and down all night last night because it hurt so bad. I text my boss at 6:15 this morning and told her I needed to go see a doctor because I thought I had strep and sure enough I was right. It didn't even take the test the full seven minutes to come back positive. The nurse practicioner I saw was surprised I knew that it was strep and I told her I went through this in May when I last had strep. I'm not really surprised because it's been floating around our preschool so I knew it was just a matter of time before I got sick again.

The funny thing is is that I don't even feel sick. My throat just hurts. Otherwise I feel great. I have so much energy and the weather is so gorgeous out that I really want to go for a run but with the 15k being Sunday I can't chance a run today. I need to save my energy for Sunday. I'm getting soooo excited for the race! Denise and I are headed to the Expo on Saturday to pick up our packets and check out some running gear. I can't wait to cross that finish line Sunday morning and prove to myself just how capable I am of doing something like this. This will be my longest run yet and I am pumped for it!

So instead of working and going for a run I'm laying on the couch watching March Madness. I actually really need to go clean my room but I don't really feel like it. It needs cleaned though. I'm tired of tripping over my suitcase from December when I went to the Bahamas. lol

I'm anxiously awaiting grades to be posted. I'm pretty sure I bombed my Career Development final. I got the exam in front of me and completely blanked out. The multiple choice and true/false questions were okay but the fill in the blank were awful. I couldn't remember any of them so I just started writing stuff in hoping it was right. I told my friend Jen I couldn't turn in a graduate level exam with the whole front page blank. My second final was pretty decent considering I didn't study for it. She was right when she said we'd remember stuff from the text and our projects. There was only one question I didn't know the answer to. I feel good about it but we'll see when grades came in how I really did.

I had a scary moment when I was driving home from the doctor today. Since I have student health insurance, I can only access health care on campus so I had to drive 30 minutes just to see a doctor. Well, on my drive home I was talking to Denise and not paying attention to my speed...until I passed a cop! I quicky looked down and I was doing 70 in a 55. Whoops! Somehow the cop either didn't feel like pulling me over or hadn't clocked my speed because he never pulled me over. I kept anxiously checking my rear view mirror and he never left his spot. I told Denise I'm lucky I didn't get pulled over because I can't afford another ticket since I just had one in September!

Okay, enough rambling. I guess I'll go be productive and clean my room. Or watch basketball. haha

No comments: