Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Five days to go...

So the half marathon is in five days. FIVE! How has a year of training come down to the home stretch already?!?

How am I feeling you ask? Physically, I'm so ready, minus this pesky rash which is once again spreading. I'm really hoping the doctor has some answers for me when the test results come back this week. Otherwise, my body is trained and ready for this race. I twisted my ankle last week but it's completely healed and feeling good. There is no reason physically that I can't run 13 miles on Sunday!

Mentally, I'm starting to stress a little. I haven't done more than nine miles during long runs so my mind is playing tricks on me and telling me I'm not ready, even though I know I am. I'm trying to be the strong one because I know Denise is freaking out a little more than I am about her whole marathon so I'm trying to stay upbeat for both of us. We're both ready. I know that for a fact. We've been training for a year and she's run THREE half marathons since running the full marathon at the Pig last year. She is so ready and she CAN do this!!

I knew that mentally this week was going to be tough. I'm a bundle of nerves, excitement, and fear but I KNOW I'm ready for this race. I have never wanted something so badly in my entire life. I CAN and WILL cross that finish line on Sunday morning! Now if only that pesky forecase would change to eliminate the rain. Then things would be perfect. T-minus 5 days and counting! Bring on the Flying Pig Half Marathon!!

No comments: