Friday, April 29, 2011

The weekend I've been waiting a year for...

This is the weekend I've been waiting a year for! At this time last year, I was getting excited to head downtown on Sunday morning to watch Denise cross the finish line of her first full marathon. A year later, we've come full circle and she will run the full marathon while I run the half.

I never thought this day would come but it's finally here! I am confident (though nervous!) and ready. I have trained for a year for this. I am ready! I picked Beth up at the airport today (she's currently sleeping because she had a flight at 7 a.m. Tuscon time so she's exhausted) and then we had dinner with Denise to carb load. Tomorrow we head to the expo to pick up our numbers and our t-shirts and then Sunday is the big day!!

I'm headed to bed now myself because we're getting up early to watch some friends finish at the 10k and then heading to the expo from there. Plus, I've been training my body for the last week to sleep when it's tired and my eyes hurt so it's bedtime. I'm only still awake because I was finishing up some homework.

Have a great weekend and think of me bright and early Sunday morning as I run 13.1 miles!!

No comments: