Sunday, April 10, 2011

A long awaited update

I've been blogging about this on another site, one where I could control who could read it and who could not read it. I've been waiting to write about it here because I needed to share it with a certain person in person first because he reads my blog.

I met someone about four weeks ago. We actually met online on a dating website, something I never thought I'd do. I signed up on a whim for a free trial and then joined for a month. A day or two after I joined, I started e-mailing with a guy who lives about 20 minutes from where I live. We e-mailed every night for about two and a half weeks before he finally asked for my phone number. Since then, we've been texting every night and we're finally going out on a date tomorrow night.

I genuinely like this guy. I know we haven't met yet, but we've had these incredible conversations and we have so much in common. I'm looking forward to meeting him in person tomorrow night and seeing if we click in person the way we have over text messages.

I haven't slept for more than five hours a night in over a week because we've been staying up so late talking to each other. Friday night into Saturday was the first time I've really slept because I'm in Athens and I just stayed in bed all day yesterday while Vince was working. When we're not talking, I'm thinking about him. It's crazy how this has all played out.

I honestly am terrified right now. I'm terrified this is going to go somewhere and terrified I'm not going to know what to do about it. Plus, there are a couple of major issues he and I need to talk about, issues that came up at 4 in the morning over a text message last night that I told him I wanted to talk about in person. We'll just say that potentially we're going to have to draw some boundaries.

Ugh, my life has gotten so complicated in the last three weeks but at the same time, I've been loving every moment of it. Does that make me crazy??

1 comment:

Jen said...

You aren't crazy at all! Good for you Heather. I hope it all works out for you. You deserve to be happy and be loved by someone amazing. Let me know how it goes!