Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trust

I stepped out on a limb tonight and put my heart out on the line. This week has been full of so many doubts and uncertainties which I hinted at in the previous post. I still don't plan to elaborate but what I will share is that I had a long talk tonight with one of my best friends from college about what was going through my head. At Lauren's urging, I stepped outside of my comfort zone and stepped out on faith and had a long talk with Don about some fears and doubts I was having, only to find out that we're on the exact same page.

I also brought up the conversation about my faith and just exactly how big of a role it plays in my life. We had a long talk about what he believes and he told me that he wants to start going to church again regularly, something he admires about me. He told me he was glad that I was honest with him because it helps him to know that we're on the same page too about what it is we're both hoping to get from this and where we want to go from here.

After all the seriousness had passed, I asked him where we went from here and he said another date! I told him I would love to and jokingly asked "So when are you taking this pretty girl out again?" and he told me soon! You can imagine the smile on my face right now...!

I feel a thousand times better now that we've had this conversation. I had myself completely freaked out this week thinking he was a typical guy after one thing and one thing only and now, while part of me is still scared and unsure, I feel differently. I told him I want to move extremely slow and see how things progress and he told me he's okay with that fact.

I don't know what's going to happen and I don't know what the future holds, but I feel at peace about how tonight went. God definitely moved in me as I was sharing my heart and my thoughts tonight and I feel a lot better knowing that we're now both on the same page about things. I'm looking forward to where things will go from here and trusting God to continue to direct me down the path He has set for me.

No comments: