Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Three and a half weeks?!?

As of tonight, we're officially three and a half weeks out from the half marathon! I officially registered for the half the other night, which is awesome and terrifying at the same time! I can't believe a year of training has come down to the home stretch!

I skipped my 11 mile run this past weekend because of my stupid allergic reaction, which is FINALLY fading. I thought it was never going to go away but I haven't itched at all today. There's some slight redness left but overall it's fading pretty well. Skipping my 11 mile run probably wasn't the smartest of ideas but I'm planning to take my running clothes to Athens with me this weekend and I'm going to attempt to do my 12 mile run since Athens is hilly. That'll be the perfect combination of mileage and hill training.

Beth booked her flight to Cincinnati yesterday! After ten years (maybe more??) of being friends (we met through open diary WAY back in the day) we're finally going to meet in person! She's also registered for the half and we're going to pace together which will be so fun. I'm excited to finally get to meet someone I consider such a dear friend. Plus, what a better bonding experience than running for 13 miles together right?!?

I'm getting soooo excited for the race!! Since I'm officially registered, it's becoming real. I had an incredible four mile run last night and I have to do seven tomorrow. I told Beth today that since I pulled out 9.3 for the Heart Mini a couple of weeks ago that I'm fairly confident at my ability to pull out four more miles in three weeks. I've been training for this and I know my body is capable of running 13.1 miles. Even if I have to walk part of it, I WILL finish! I can't believe this is it. T-minus 25 days and counting!!!

No comments: