Saturday, February 26, 2011

I travel too much

I travel too much. I know this to be a fact. And I definitely just signed up for another hotel rewards program and linked it to my frequent flyer miles card through Southwest Airlines to earn miles for staying in various hotels. I now have frequent flyer cards through Southwest, Delta, and AirTran, and I have hotel reward cards through Choices Hotels and Wyndham Rewards. I officially need to get a life. haha

Someone recently made a comment to me that they think I travel too much and they asked me if I was rich. No, I am not rich and yes I travel a lot so what business is it of yours? I was bothered by it until I talked to my mom who reminded me that I don't have a husband, I don't have kids, and I have a job that currently allows me the flexibility to take time off to travel when I want to so why not take advantage of it while I can? Once I'm done with my Master's I'll become a slave to a traditional school schedule and will have to fight the other travelers who are doing the same thing over spring break, winter break, and summer. If I can travel now in the middle of the year, why not do it??

I blame my travel bug on my stepdad. We never took family vacations growing up so he wanted to take us to all the places I never got to go as a kid. Our first family trip was to Gatlinburg, Tennessee the first summer we lived in Cincinnati, followed just a few months later by my first trip to Disney. In the years that have followed we've been to Disney, Myrtle Beach, and Gatlinburg as a family. I've also been to Disney with friends, along with the Bahamas. Oh and we can't forget the summer I flew to Baltimore to visit Megan and we went into Washington D.C. for a day. Plus I've traveled to Denver on my own to visit family so it drives me crazy to go for months without being able to go anywhere.

Vince and I talked about going to Europe for spring break but that fell through so now I'm itching to get away again. I hate that by the time I leave for Denver in June it'll have been six months since I've been anywhere. I chose not to take my full spring break off of work so I could have two weeks off to go to Denver in June but man I'm kicking myself for that now. I don't know where I would have gone but even a couple of days out of Cincinnati would have been fun. That's okay though because I took a couple days off and Vince is coming to visit so we'll just do some fun stuff around here and I'll just keep anxiously counting down to my visit to Denver in June.

I e-mailed one of my friends from college and asked her if she wanted to go on a cruise the week after Christmas. My travel bug is itching to get out of the country again and I think Lauren and I would have a ball together. Plus we know we travel well together because we did spring break together in college so I think it would be so fun. I'm now anxiously waiting for her to e-mail me back to tell me I'm crazy or to agree to go with me! haha

Okay, enough of my travel rambles. I'm going to go dream some more of vacation plans. :-P

No comments: