Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thoughts on the future

I don't typically blog twice in one day but I need to settle my mind down so I can get some sleep to go back to work tomorrow.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the future tonight because I just sent eight different e-mails to various school counselors to try and set up an internship for next year. I'm at the "holy crap!" period of my Master's degree because I can't believe it's time to start thinking about this already. How have the last two years gone by so quickly?!? If I were in the program full time and not part time, I'd be graduating in four weeks. I'm going to miss my co-hort but I'm thankful for the fact that Jen is part time too and will be there with me all next year. I couldn't make it through this without her.

After I graduate next spring, I really want to move out to Denver. I know I've been saying it a lot, but it's been on my mind a lot. I'm so serious about it that come next paycheck, I think I'm going to go to a different bank and open up just a savings account and start depositing money into it with each paycheck and refund check from UC. The boys have offered to let me live with them until I can get on my feet and a place of my own, something I am extremely thankful for. I'm going out for two weeks this summer so we'll test the waters and see if I can make it without wanting to kill them. haha

I just spent the last half hour surfing different school district websites and keeping my eye on the job market. Of course, it's still early to be posting jobs for the next school year but I like to keep my eyes open anyway. I'm hoping and praying that when it comes to this time next year and I'm applying for real jobs that I'll be able to find something. I'm going to apply here in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky as well but honestly my heart is in Denver and that's where I really want to be.

I know that if this is God's plan for my life that it'll all work out and He'll provide a way for me to get out there. For now, I just keep praying for me to be content in whatever His plan is for me, even if Denver isn't meant to be. I never thought I'd want to leave the place that's been home for the last ten years but I've had Denver on the brain for the last year ever since visiting the boys for the first time.

I don't know if this has made any sense or if I'm just babbling. There's a real entry one back. For now I think I need to sleep.

No comments: