Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The church isn't a good place to hide from tornadoes in!

We're currently under a tornado watch for the next half an hour. Today has been crazy weather wise. There's a cold front moving in (buh-bye spring-like weather) so it's been ridiculously windy and stormy all day. This afternoon it got so bad that shortly after our snacktime, the tornado sirens went off and we had to take all the kids in the school to the hallways until it passed. I don't think there was an actual tornado but some pretty severe storms apparently moved through the area today. We only got rain and high winds at work.

During my drive home, the sky turned pitch black and it started pouring. After about five minutes, it stopped and the sun came out. It's definitely getting colder though. I have to go back out because I need gas in my car. Boo. I'm exhausted and really don't want to move.

I went to dinner with Megan and Dave tonight which is always fun. During dinner, Britt text me to tell me that maybe we should cancel small group tonight because of the wind. I told her it was her call and she text me back and was like, "Well the church isn't a good place to hide from tornadoes in." It seriously gave me the best laugh I've had in awhile! I called Seth to tell him we canceled and couldn't even get the message out because I was laughing so hard. I think I laughed for a good ten minutes straight. Poor Dave. Megan and I were doubled over in laughter and he just stared at us. :-P

Oh, about the creepy guy from yesterday. Apparently it was someone from the landscaping company and we only found this out this morning when our director talked to the landlord. She told the landlord that next time they need to come in a work vehicle or in uniform or else she's going to continue to call the police because that just gets all of us teachers stressed out and concerned about the kids. Common sense tells you that if you're going to a place with children, at least poke your head in the door so people don't get concerned and call the cops. *rolls eyes*

Alright, I'm out to brave the windy night to go put gas in my car and then I'm coming home and soaking in a nice hot bubble bath!

1 comment:

megzie said...

the church isn't a good place to hide!