Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heads are gonna roll

I am livid right now. I had such a good day (minus a bad afternoon with the kiddos in my class) and an amazing workout on a guest pass at my aunt's gym (which makes me wish I hadn't signed a two year contract to Fitworks because her gym is amazing) and then I come home to this.

Let me back up. Last week was payday at work. (I'm sure you can see where this is going). I deposited my check and have been using it all week to mail in bills and get little things at the grocery store. Tonight on my way home from the gym, I stopped at Kroger to get milk and bread and something I could microwave at work tomorrow on my break. I went through the u-scan and it wouldn't take my debit card. It was declined three times! I finally had to put everything on my credit card and I left the store to go to an atm to find out what was wrong.

When I pulled up my account balance, it told me I was in the hole $416. Yes, you read that right. I have had no big purchases and the only bills I wrote checks for this week were a $40 check to the doctors for lab work from months ago and a $30 check for my credit card. How could I be in the hole that much?

I called Megan and asked her to log on to my National City accout and it turns out, my nice $466 paycheck was returned. I'm pissed. My freaking paycheck bounced! That means tomorrow at work, someone has some explaining to do. I'm not going to put up with this. There is no reason my check should have bounced. If I didn't think it was completely irrational and stupid, I would walk in and quit. However, I love my job and I love where I work so I'm going to give them a chance to explain what happened.

This fiasco has created problems, as I'm sure several items on my statement are overdrawn and I'm going to have to pay the fees on them. Buh-bye nice paycheck. Good thing all that's due next week is my Fitworks bill. Plus my tax refund should be coming sometime next week too so that should hold me until next Friday when I get paid again, as long as that check doesn't bounce too.

I just can't believe my check bounced. I am not happy right now. Someone better have a pretty good explanation for this tomorrow.

3 comments:

megzie said...

two thoughts:

(1)I want you to call me tomorrow and let me know how everything turns out. and MAYBE after work tomorrow ( I get off at 9pm we'll go get drinks, my treat! I'll DD)

(2) I feel special that you trusted me enough to have me log into your bank account, that show trust. that means alot to me, for what it's worth.

anyway, night

The KS Perrys said...

If your work check bounced, they should pay your overdraft fees- no questions asked. Give them a copy of your transaction records/fees and they should reimburse you.

Anonymous said...

Thats terrible!
So what happened?