Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What a day

I've been meaning to update since the whole paycheck fiasco but I just haven't had the motivation to do it.

I went into work on Friday and talked with our co-director who told me that apparently our director's husband deposited the funds for our checks into their work account on Friday but they didn't clear until Saturday. However, the funds apparently only transfered for people who bank with the same bank they do and not anyone who uses a different bank. This caused all of our checks to bounce, other than those who use the same bank as the preschool.

I not only got my paycheck (in cash) but all of my overdraft fees as well. Everything got cleared up finally and I went home from work glad that everything was over. Or so I thought. I tried to use my debit card at Starbucks that night and wasn't able to because loss prevention had put a hold on my card. I was told to call the next morning (a Saturday) to clear it up. Well go figure loss prevention is only open during the week so I had to wait until yesterday to use my card. Even then, I could only use it in an atm and not anywhere else until today. I haven't even tested it yet to see if I was able to use it or not.

We get paid again this Friday and I'm really hoping this doesn't happen again. When I went into the bank on Friday afternoon to deposit all of the money into my account and asked them about what I had been told, the lady who was helping me told me she had never heard of something like that happening before and wasn't sure if things like that did happen.

I know nothing about financial matters or banking so I have no idea if what I was told is true or not. What I do know is that I'm hoping it doesn't happen again this week. I think from now on I cash my checks and then deposit them just to be safe.

In other news, I think I might be going to Athens this weekend to see friends. I haven't decided if I actually want to make the drive or not because it would only be a day trip. I was going to go up for the whole weekend but I signed up to work parents' night out at work Friday night and don't want to drive that late so I'm going to just go and have lunch on Saturday and then drive home. I haven't been to Athens since fall and I miss my friends so it'll be good to see them, even if just for a couple hours.

I went to the gym tonight for the first time in a week. My knees have been sore since my workout last week but I decided to go tonight and do something low impact. I spent 25 minutes on the bike and my knees are even more sore now. I don't know what to do about them. Both knees are sore but my left knee is the worse because it feels swollen as well. *sigh* I don't know. We'll see.

Oh, I just remembered! Today at work we went on quasi-lockdown! My class naps from 12:30-3 every afternoon and during that time, we close the blinds in our room so the room will be dark to help the kids nap. Around 2:30, our director came in and told me to keep the blinds closed for the afternoon because some guy had been walking around the school trying to look in the windows! She had alerted the cops but wanted us to keep our blinds shut just to be on the safe side. How creepy is that?!? My class is on the first floor so he would have had easy access to look into our room. Luckily, our blinds were already closed when this happened.

It has been such a crazy couple of weeks. I'm absolutely exhausted. I'm off to shower and go to bed because tomorrow I'm working, then having dinner with Dave, and then it's my week to teach small group and I haven't even looked at the lesson yet. I need a vacation. :-P

1 comment:

megzie said...

you really did have a crazy week!