Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow again

It took me three and a half hours to make what is normally a 30 minute drive home from work tonight. This morning the weather was calling for a dusting of snow. Instead, our dusting turned into eight inches of snow by the time I had left work and it's not supposed to stop snowing until 2 a.m.

Three and a half hours to get home. That's absolutely insane. At this point, I don't even want to think about driving to work. I honestly might make my parents take me or wait and see if I can go in later because I am not messing with the roads myself at 7:00 a.m.

During my nice three and a half hour drive, it took me 30 minutes just to get down the hill to the highway from my work. That usually only takes about two minutes in good weather. As I drove down that hill, I started to slide and I almost ended up stuck in a snow drift.

From there, I slid all over the highway and when I finally got to my exit, I stopped for gas but couldn't get it because my gas tank cover was frozen shut. Luckily I have half a tank and was only filling up incase traffic is this bad again tomorrow.

I guess the plus side of all this is that I'm learning to drive in snow. I just wish I had an SUV with 4-wheel drive to learn in instead of my car that hates snow. And rain. And anything wet. *sigh* I really hope it clears up by the time I have to leave for work tomorrow.

Oh did I mention my crazy stepdad is out driving in this mess? Yeah, he is. Just for fun. He's so odd but I love him. And he has 4-wheel drive so he can do it. But still, I would much rather stay inside where it's warm and not snowy!

Ok, time to find dinner and get ready for bed. I have a feeling it's going to be an early morning tomorrow.

No comments: