Sunday, February 1, 2009

Taxes

I just got done doing my taxes online and I'm a little annoyed that I'm not getting as much back as I expected. Those stimulus checks we got last year were considered taxable income so that took $300 away from my federal return. I'm so annoyed about that.

All in all, I'm getting about $450 back between federal and state taxes. I thought I was going to be getting back about $700ish and I was going to use part of it on a plane ticket to go see my cousin in Denver but now the sensible side of me is telling me to use part of it to pay off some of my bills and then put the rest in savings.

The thing is, is that I haven't seen my cousin in about seven or eight years and I want to go visit. I know it's not smart to use all of my tax return on a plane ticket but the irrational part of is saying to do it. I probably won't. I'll probably just start saving for one. If I take about $50 from every check and put it aside, I should be able to get out there soon.

Argh. I don't want to be an adult anymore.

*edit*

So from some comments Christina and I have been leaving each other on Bloop and facebook, I'm starting to think I may have goofed up my taxes somehow because other people have been telling her that their stimulus didn't affect their returns at all, so somewhere along the line something must have gone wrong. I'm going to call H&R Block tomorrow during my lunch break to see if I can straighten it out, even though I've already e-filed. *sigh* I feel like such an idiot now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks!

The KS Perrys said...

The stimulus check isn't taxable (do a google search).