Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bugs are rampant

I spent my day at work doing nothing but changing poopy diapers and washing my hands. There's this horrible stomach bug going around that presents with diarrhea and vomiting but no fever and we sent two kids home with it today. Then we sent a third home with a temperature of 101. Plus, a fourth kid was out because she has strep. I'm down at least three kids tomorrow, maybe four if the one with the fever isn't any better.

As a precautionary measure, we sent everyone's blankets home today and sprayed down their cots. Some of the parents weren't happy but we figured it was better to be safe than sorry. I know I'm going to end up getting this stupid virus because my immune system sucks. I'm taking some vitamin C before work tomorrow and for the next couple of weeks until the bug has flown through the school. At least tomorrow should be an easy day with so many kids out.

On a positive note, I went to my cousin's dance class tonight and she nailed her back handspring! She's been practicing so long and after a fall she took last month, I didn't think she'd get it. But she did them all by herself tonight at practice so I'm excited for her. We're going to have a sleepover this weekend to celebrate. :-)

Alright that's all I've got. I'm off to shower and go to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I'm a new reader, I found you through a friend's blog. Anyway, there's bugs going around here too. It's awful! I hope you don't get sick.

The KS Perrys said...

Yeah...that went around my classroom too. Plus pneumonia, strep, and something unknown but flu like.

We've had at least 1 adult or kid out every day since school started back in January.

It sucks.:-x