Sunday, February 22, 2009

Traveling bug

Ever since moving to Cincinnati, I've had a traveling bug. Glenn's family loves to travel and they vacation somewhere at least once a year. Disney World has been by far my favorite place to travel to and I've been at least six times since 2001.

My hope is that this time next year, I'll be just about down with winter quarter of my first year in my Master's program and looking forward to spring break, preferably somewhere warm. Of course my eyes are focused on Disney but I thought it would be fun to do something different and take a Disney cruise instead. I want to do a four night on land, three nights at sea cruise. This way, I have the best of both worlds!

I can't see what prices for next March are like yet so I've been looking at December, which is the furthest you can book out to at this point. For $2, 248, I can get airfare to and from Florida, reservations at a Disney resort on land (Port Orleans French Quarter-my parent's favorite!), my stateroom on the ship, my park tickets, plus all of my meals and entertainment while on the ship! You can't beat that price, especially if all I'd have to pay for are souvenirs and then meals during my four days on land.

I really want to do this. I'm already plotting out how much I'm going to save each month and pending no horrible emergencies that I need to use my savings for, there is no reason I couldn't afford a cruise. Now, I just need to figure out who I can convince to go with me...

No comments: