Sunday, March 1, 2009

Life comes at you fast

This was actually a fairly decent weekend. The rest of the week at work went well and Thursday was low key with four kids out in our class alone and kids out everywhere else in the building. We got paid this week and my check is gone already thanks to my lovely student loan payment and my Visa bill. Slowly but surely I'm determined to pay that stupid thing off, even if it takes me forever.

Friday night I actually stayed in and watched scary movies with my mom. I ended up falling asleep on the couch after she went to bed and got about nine or ten hours of sleep that night.

Saturday my body actually woke me up early enough that I went to the gym and got a workout in before my crazy day started. I weighed in since it was the end of the month and I'm down eight pounds this month and 14 total since Christmas! I'm pretty pumped about that and have decided I'm only going to weigh in once a month so no more weigh ins until the end of March for me. :-)

I did a lot of running Saturday. I got my haircut, got Logan's birthday gift, and then went home to get ready for his party. We had a bunch of family here and Dave came too which was great. He kept me sane because I was struggling with some emotions for reasons I'm not ready to talk about and he listened to me vent later that night in the car. He's such an amazing friend and I'm so grateful we're still as close as we used to be.

We rented Swing Vote that night and he stayed over until midnight while we watched it and hung out. It was nice and a much needed catch up night for us because he listened to me vent about some personal stuff I haven't told anyone else (including my best friends) and we talked about the wedding plans he and Katie have been talking about this week.

Oh yeah! He proposed to Katie last weekend and she said yes! I'm super excited for them and can't wait to attend their wedding next spring. It's going to be bittersweet for many reasons that I won't get into but I'm so incredibly happy for him because I know how much he loves this girl. We're trying to get the three of us together to hang out because while I've met her, we haven't gotten the chance to actually hang out and gotten to know each other.

Today I went to church and the sermon was amazing. We talked about passionate worship and it gave me a lot to think about. Our new church building is being dedicated next week since the construction and everything is finally finished. We're celebrating with a potluck which I'm sad I won't be there for because I'll be in Indianapolis for my cousin's dance competition.

After church I went to lunch with Brittany and Joe where we sat and talked and laughed for two hours. I love those two and am so grateful for their friendships. It also gave me a lot to think about, stuff I don't particularly want to post on blogspot because it's too public (those on Bloop and OD will probably get a friends only entry tomorrow or later this week about some of this personal stuff).

After lunch I went over to Carolyn's and hung out with the family for a bit. She took me next door to meet her neighbor Kim and Kim's dogs because they're going to England next week for two weeks so I'm going to house sit for them.

Then I had dinner with my parents and my sister and my sister and Megan and I went to see He's Just Not That Into You, which was cute for the most part but not something I'd probably see again. I don't know. I'm still debating that one.

For now, I'm off to get some sleep because it's back to work tomorrow. This is going to be a busy busy week. Night all.

1 comment:

megzie said...

it wasn't bad at all, it had cute sceens and an A-list cast of actors, but no plot.