Thursday, March 12, 2009

Adventures in house sitting

I've been so tired this week that I haven't had time to write much. House sitting is going well and I forgot how great it is to be independent and not have any demands on my time once I get home from work except to let the dogs out and make myself dinner.

Tonight I had a few friends over (Adrienne, Megan, Tym, and Amy) and we cooked dinner and watched Bones and Grey's Anatomy together. We each pitched in for part of dinner and I was responsible for dessert. Adrienne made the spaghetti sauce and noodles, Tym and Amy brought garlic bread, and Megan brought drinks. Well, needless to say my part didn't go so well. I decided to make brownies with chocolate chips in them and I also put chocolate frosting on them. Well, I apparently read the box wrong and I put in too much oil, which made them turn out kind of funny, even though they tasted fine. They were pretty much the standing joke of the night but they must have been good because we demolished half a pan of them!

Tomorrow night my work is having a roller skating outing which is also doubling as our regular girl's night out because we're going to go out for half price appetizers and drinks after. I haven't been roller skating since sophomore year of high school (almost eight years ago!) so this should be entertaining!

Alright, I'm off. My back is screaming in pain for some reason and I'm about to pass out at the keyboard.

No comments: