Saturday, March 21, 2009

Time to update

Lately I haven't had the energy or motivation to blog. I don't know why, but I just don't feel like writing much about myself lately. I'm going to try and get back in the swing of things though so here's the update I promised the other night.

--Roller skating
We had our monthly girls night out last weekend and it was so much fun! My co-workers and I had decided a couple months ago to organize a skating night so our girls night out was spent old school style at the skating rink. However, it wasn't as fun as it used to be because obviously it's all the newer (and crappier) music so I don't think any of us enjoyed it as much as we used to. They did play an old school New Kids on the Block song and a Michael Jackson song so those were fun but the rest weren't as great. I fell the first time around the floor but I did it with grace so I didn't hurt myself and I was able to laugh it off so it was fine. Even though the music wasn't the greatest, we all decided we wouldn't mind going skating again sometime in the near future!

After skating we went to a little bar and restaurant called Sleepy Hollow where most of my co-workers had a couple drinks and tried to convince me to drink with them. Since I was going out the next night and I had driven, I opted not to. We still had fun though and the bar was actually pretty quaint. I'd probably go back again.

--Makeover at Bare Essentials

Last Saturday I went shopping with Megan and Adrienne and ended up going into Bare Escentuals. They talked me into letting them do my makeup and I ended up falling in love with how great it made my face feel. I splurged and put a starter kit and three eyeshadows on my credit card but if it doesn't make my skin break out like normal makeup, it'll be worth it. I have a picture from later that night when I was out with Adrienne at Quaker Steak so I'll have to post it once I've put pictures on my computer.

--Spring!
Spring is finally here in Ohio and it makes me so happy. I've been able to take my kids outside at work and let them run their energy off which helps immensely. It drives me crazy when they have to stay inside and even their attitudes have improved because they've been able to run off their energy. Megan and I also took advantage of the weather and drove around Cincinnati last weekend taking pictures. I'm doing that again tomorrow with another one of my friends so that should be fun. I love spring time in the city. :-)

--Thoughts on weight loss and working out
Since I've been sharing this with my friends and family, I decided to post it here on the blog world for everyone else to see because what's better than accountability right? I'm doing well in working out and actually made it to the gym four times this week. I was going to go today but decided I deserved today off to let my muscles relax because I'm sore.

My official weigh in for March is next week so hopefully I'll get a decent report. We'll see. I know I worked hard this month and to me that's all that matters.

Since I mentioned the accountability, this is what I haven't shared with everyone. Every May in Cincinnati, we have a marathon called the Flying Pig Marathon. It's a popular event attended by runners from all over the country. On that same day, there is also a half marathon. I have decided that next year (2010) I'm going to run the half marathon at the Flying Pig. It has always been a dream of mine to run a marathon and it's been a great motivation to get myself to the gym. I have officially began training for it by building up my endurance and starting jogging and using the elliptical at the gym. Yesterday I also picked up a flyer for either a 5k or a 10k at the gym that's being held in June and decided those would be great ways to begin training for the marathon.

I really want to do this so my boss has been holding me accountable and asking me about my working out and training. My goal is to truly run the half marathon next May. This is something I want more than anything right now so I'm hoping it actually works out. You can check out the description of the half marathon at: http://http//www.flyingpigmarathon.com/race_information/schedule/half.shtml

--Finances and thoughts on my savings
I also want to start thinking about moving out, which means I need to start seriously saving. With potentially going back to school in June, I also need to think about financial aid and textbooks and all that stuff. If I go back to school, moving out will probably have to wait until after I'm done with my Master's, which would suck but having my M.Ed would help me to find a better job (not that this one is bad-but a master's would help me earn more) and make it a little easier to move out. However, I still need to start saving because eventually living paycheck to paycheck is going to catch up to me and something will happen and I'll have no money in my savings to fall back on. I know I can afford to put a little something back from each check. It's just a matter of making myself do it.

--School frustrations
My only frustration with school right now is not knowing if I've gotten in or not. It's been two weeks since my interview and so far no one has heard anything. April (one of the ladies I met at the interview) and I have been texting like crazy asking the other if we've heard anything. We both just want to know because we don't do well with waiting. Plus, if I didn't get in, I need to think about whether I want to apply to NKU or hold off and apply to other schools next fall. Hopefully I'll hear something this week.

Alright, I think that does it. I'm off to run some errands and head back over for my final night of house sitting. It's going to be so good to sleep in my own bed tomorrow night!

No comments: